Thursday, January 6, 2011

TADA - Week 2!!

What a luxury it is to be able to step into my studio and have AN idea to work on. I don't have to have a finished piece or even an idea of a finished piece, I just have the luxury of taking an idea and working it in many different ways. Taking my time and experimenting and sawing and polishing and constructing... I can start with sketches, I can move on to workable models and if I want, I can even finish something! I can post any part of the progress that I'm working on that day. I'm starting with a study of holes, but I have no idea where that will actually lead me, but I'm willing to follow. I must say that just in this short time period, I have learned a lot by working in this way. If nothing else, posting to this group takes me into the studio every day and I'm excited to be there.

Even more fun is to leave my isolated studio and visit the Flickr group and see how everyone else has perceived being a True Addict of Daily Art. I love seeing everyone's beginnings and then how they take their ideas and move to the next level. It is a great learning experience. And it is a very diverse group. We have 17 people who have contributed to the group so far. You can find amazing sketches that are works of art in themselves, experiments in color and clay and metal, chasing and repousse, mask-making, stories about where people have been or where they are going, inspiration from other artists and nature. Every day I learn just a little bit more about the members of the group who are from all over the world. And remember, it's not too late to join in!!

I have created a mosaic using 'Big Huge Labs' http://bighugelabs.com. I've tried to include one post from everyone who has posted and I think I have... let me know if I haven't!






2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your encouraging thoughts. I feel the same way.
    I think many don't understand the comfort of this group, that it is not an every day burden but a sparkle that should make them go on with their creative ideas and make them into reality. I am happy to observe your progress, too, as well as of others. Just keep up with your great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a big luxury indeed and I can't think of a better way to help us stay focused.
    So glad that we're all doing this together!

    ReplyDelete