Thursday, June 9, 2011

Almost Halfway Through the Year!

Ok, I'm exaggerating slightly, but we are close to being half-way through the year.

Recent Photos from the TADA group
See where everyone is at. These are some photos from the last few pages in the TADA group. 1 from each person that is still participating (except me - I could only get 11 on the Big Huge Lab mosaic maker - you know where you can find me) Looks like we are down to 11 regular contributers. (Please let me know if I missed anyone.)

So how is everyone feeling?!!!

I'm feeling tired and burned out.

But what I love about these year long challenges is that it keeps me going, even when I'm burned out.

I probably have about 10-20 REALLY good ideas every day. I get really excited thinking about them. I may even attempt to do a few of them. Then a lot of the time they don't seem like REALLY good ideas anymore and I move on to the next new one! The ideas are fun, bringing them into reality is usually work and a lot of the time - tedious, boring work, not fun like the ideas.

But when you can get through the tedious part, you usually have something very interesting from it. It makes you feel good. It makes you feel like you've accomplished something. It takes you on a journey. Sometimes you deviate from the original idea and it takes you someplace you may never have thought about. In retrospect, I love where the tedious boring work takes me!

How do I get through the tedious boring work?

I check in with my Flickr groups everyday. Even when I haven't done anything. Even when I can't take or post or describe another picture, I come and see what everyone else is doing. It usually makes me smile. Everyday I get to know the group a little better. I hear your struggles too. I feel less crazy, because I find that I'm not the only one who feels 'that way.' I have learned tons from everyone here and my thinking has grown so much in my art. I can't wait to see what the 2nd half of the year will bring!!

Leave a comment and let us know how you are feeling.

2 comments:

  1. I'm also excited about the second half of the year! I think if we look back right now, everyone has made a good body of work. I hope the second half we can figure a good way to present it.

    I do check into Flickr so much during the day. I'm blown away by the talent of others here. It's always inspiring.

    Evelyn, your work is just amazing. It always seems so organic and interesting and playful. It always makes me want to go melt metal. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that we're almost halfway through the year! You're certainly not alone, I can relate to every word that you write.
    My struggle these days is not having enough time to think, organize and work on my collections. Hope this will change soon. I need to take a couple day offs and clear my head from everything.
    I'm also very excited about the second half of the year. You and Mary Lu are helping me so much stay focused and motivated, thank you both for that!

    ReplyDelete