1. What was your first work of art and how old were you?
Must be when I was in 2nd Grade and attended a new school. We had Art class and I got 10/10 for my first drawing. I was thrilled.
2. What did you do for fun when you were a teenager?
Growing up in Boarding school, I spent most of my time with friends, lots of them, from morning till night. We slept in the same room - with 50 girls, so it was like having slumber party every night.
3. What and when was your first job?
We are not allowed to have a job while going to school. This is in Thailand. My first job was after graduating from college with a degree in Architecture. So I was an Architect.
4. What was your first work that really pleased you as an artist?
Because I love the drawing board, I love drafting and drawing all those buildings.
5. Who was the first artist to influence you?
My brother. He had a drawing on every page of his text book. I guess he must have gotten bored in class. He went on to get a Fine Art degree.
6. Who were your favorite movie stars growing up?
7. What were your favorite TV shows growing up?
Growing up in Thailand, who would have thought I watched the same TV shows as kids in the US. So, I watched everything; Gunsmoke, Leave it to Beaver, I love Lucy, to name a few.
8. Has your work gone up in price compared to when you first started?
Not really. I am not famous yet.
9. Where do you get your ideas?
Being an Architect, I was trained to be creative, to always come up with ideas and new concepts, and, of course, I borrowed the ideas from famous artist and designers from time to time.
10. Who do you think is the best business artist in the world?
Those who were dead and their works became desirable.
11. Do you think that there are any art movements now?
Not in the US, but the rest of the world where, unlike our government, their government supports the arts. Our US govenment keeps cutting funding for Arts and some schools had to cut Art programs. The future is not so bright here. With internet, the artist can share their ideas with the rest of the world. Art can be done on the computer, fast and acurate and in volume. The idea of "One of a Kind" is dying.
12. Do you think kids should get grants to decorate subways?
Of course, that would be wonderful.
13. Have you or anyone you know been involved in street art?
14. Do you ever think about politics?
All the time. I worry about my kids' future. Young people should pay attention to Politics. I make sure my children vote for Democrats. LOL
15. What is your favorite color?
16. Do you do all your own work, or do you have people working for you?
All on my own two hands and I have finger prints to prove it, too.
17. Do you have an interest in films or video?
18. What kind of toys do you have?
Give me a paper and pencil, I can play all day.
19. Do you have any habits you’d like to kick?
Thinking too much. No, I am perfect the way I am.
20. What do you do when you’re not working?
I take care of my daughter.
21. Do you play any games?
Some easy games on iPad.
22. How old were you when you got your driver’s license and is there a story attached to it?
Ah-ha. I got my driver's license when I was 30. Again, growing up I had no need to drive, we had a chauffeur. Later on my mom, my brother, my boyfriend drove me everywhere I wanted to go. After I decided to stay and live in the US, it became necessary to learn how to drive, so I did. I slid on Black ice and totaled the car within a week, then drove without license for a few years because I was an Illigal Alien and can't get a driver's license. And I failed the written test 3 times.
23. What time do you go to bed and what time do you get up (most of the time.)
Go to bed before midnight and up at 8. Not my choice, it's Ada's time. I would stay up all night if I could. It is nice and quiet and I can hear me think.
24. How much time do you spend on the computer?
All the time.
25. Do you watch TV, (if so, what are your favorites?)
Yes, tv is on all day. I like "Iron chef" but Ada prefers "Sponge Bob Square-pants."
26. What do you eat?
I will eat everything that doesn't move on my plate, but just became a vegetarian a few months ago. Love it.
27. Do you believe in flying saucers?
No, but won't rule that out.
28. Do you believe in magic?
No, but won't rule that out either.
29. Do you think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone?
30. Do you look in the mirror when you get up?
Nope. We still haven't put up the mirror in Ada's bathroom. FYI, I sleep in her room. I don't really care much about how I look, it is the inside that shines through.
31. Do you think the world can be saved?
I think so, I hope so.
32. Do you think there should be censorship? Yes, for the sake of young people who believe in everything they've seen and told and think that everything is real.